Zipping Into the Future: Electric scooter buying guide for beginners
Electric scooters have become an increasingly popular mode of transportation in recent years, offering a convenient and environmentally-friendly way to get around town.
However, with so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming for beginners to know where to start when choosing the right electric scooter.
That’s why we’ve created this comprehensive buying guide to help you navigate the world of electric scooters and make an informed decision. From understanding the different types of scooters and their features to knowing what to look for regarding safety and performance, this guide will provide you with all the information you need to become a savvy electric scooter buyer.
Electric scooters also provide convenience while traveling. Several electric vehicles are used today, but electric scooters are the most popular.
They don’t use fuel and are easy to use. Electric scooters can effectively reduce carbon print and congestion on highways.
Electric scooters are beneficial for strengthening body balance. They often come with the feature of being able to fold and can be carried easily.
Most electric scooters come with safety features.
However, there are a few things to consider while buying electric scooters. Here, we bring you a detailed electric scooter buying guide for beginners.
1) Features for a quality ride
You must check out the features of the electric scooter before buying them.
- Look for the boot space. Generally, an electric scooter gives enough boot space. You need to ensure that you are comfortable in the boot space of an electric scooter before you buy it.
- Rider ergonomics is another critical factor. Riders must enjoy the ride and feel comfortable during the test drive.
- The size of the wheel is another factor you must consider. Avoid buying electric scooters with wheel sizes less than 8 inches, as small wheels give a rough ride and can get stuck quickly.
- The two main types of scooter wheels are air-filled and solid tires. Solid tires are best in harsh environments, while air-filled tires offer comfort.
- Suspension determines ride quality as it levels bumps.
- Find out if the electric scooter you want to buy has a standard display or an LCD. Also, check if the display shows all the necessary metrics, like the battery life and speed. Some electric scooters also come with displays that show smartphone notifications, GPS navigation, etc.
- Modern electric scooters come with Bluetooth that allows them to connect their phone wirelessly with the display of the electric scooter. It enables them to check smartphone notifications. It also allows the smartphone to keep track of the ride through a native app. So, check if the electric scooter you are choosing has the feature of Bluetooth.
- It is best if you buy electric scooters with an inbuilt GPS. It will allow the rider to have turn-by-turn navigation to travel even if he doesn’t know the route.
- Check if the electric scooter has charging ports. It will help if your smartphone or other electronic device runs out of charge.
Also Read : Electric bike vs scooter vs skateboard a comprehensive comparison
2) Battery Life and Range
Battery life and range are other crucial aspects when buying an electric scooter. Some electric scooters come with user-replaceable batteries, while others don’t.
Some manufacturers offer long-lasting lithium-ion batteries, while others provide batteries that may last around 3 to 4 years. However, customer activities also highly influence the battery life of electric scooters.
The range manufacturers claim an electric scooter has differs from the actual range. Check the range of the electric scooter in one battery life. If you travel long distances daily, consider a high-range electric scooter.
3) Charging time and stations
Verify how much time the electric scooter takes to get fully charged. Also, check if it supports fast charging so the rider can charge it if it runs out of battery during commuting.
The manufacturers will establish charging stations at your place. However, it would help if you looked for the availability of charging stations on the road. So, choose an electric scooter brand that has enough charging stations.
The charging time and charging stations’ availability are the mandates that need to be checked.
You May Like : 5 best off-road electric scooter for heavy adults
4) Safety features and Brakes
Look for the safety features of an electric scooter before buying it.
Check if the e-scooter has inbuilt lights illuminating the path during mist or darkness.
It’s better to get an e-scooter with both headlights and taillights. They also make the vehicle visible to other vehicles.
Brakes are of three types:-
- Electric brakes have less stopping power and provide low maintenance.
- Disc or drum brakes can effectively bring the e-scooter to a stop but may erode with time.
- Foot brakes may be hard to use.
Before you buy an electric scooter, check for the warranty period. Verify if the manufacturers pay respect to the warranty period, how long the warranty period is, and what facilities you will get as a customer under the warranty cover. Check these details before you purchase an electric scooter.
Also Read : 5 Best Electric Scooter for Commuting you will love to Ride
In conclusion, electric scooters are a great alternative mode of transportation for beginners who want to commute around the city or town. Their compact size and eco-friendly features make for an excellent investment.
However, purchasing the right electric scooter requires research and consideration of several factors, such as range, battery life, durability, and safety features. However, it is better to choose an electric scooter made of metal than one made of plastic.
As per the electric scooter buying guide for beginners, the customer must also check the carrying capacity of an electric scooter before getting it for himself. A beginner should check the weight of the electric scooter as he may face difficulties riding a heavy e-scooter.
Using this beginner’s guide, you can make an informed decision and choose an electric scooter that suits your needs and preferences. Remember always to prioritize safety, and enjoy the ride!